My Life. My Loves. My Store.



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My First Blog Award!

A big thanks to Marlessa Southern at Southern Reflections for presenting me with my first ever blog award!

So, since I was awarded, the rules are that I have to write 10 things about me that you might not know, and 5 things I don't like.  Soooo here goes...

10 Things About Me

1. I LOVE fashion and art. I graduated from The Art Institute of Charlotte with my BA in Fashion Marketing in 2008. It's always been my dream to have my own boutique business, and now I'm finally making it happen!
2. I have a Jack Russel named Izzy who thinks she runs the house. (Who am I kidding...she does run it.) Shes a feisty little thing but I love her like shes my child.


3. I recently started learning how to cook.  I used to burn things in the kitchen, but I'm actually getting pretty good at mastering yummy healthy dinners.
4. I loooove taking pictures!
5. I'm kind of a geek....I'm a HUGE bookworm, and I love all things Apple.

6. I've had some sort of journal since I was about 8 years old. I've always loved to write. I even wrote a family newspaper every week when I was little, haha.
7. I have a "bucket list" where I continually add and cross off things that I want to accomplish in my lifetime. At the top of my list is swimming with dolphins, and going to Italy.


8. I have two cell phones and its really annoying. One for work and my iphone. I wish i could forward the calls into one somehow. They need an app for THAT.
9. Speaking of iphones.. I. Am. Obsessed. I love looking for new apps, and then telling Ryan (the boyfriend) a  million reasons why "this is the coolest app ever!" - poor guy.


10. I have amazing people in my life. Between  my family, boyfriend, and friends,  am truly blessed.


5 Things I Don't Like

1. People who make fun of other people to make themselves feel better. BIGGEST pet peeve and I see it all the time.
2. Talking on the phone! I'm getting better at this one since I have to be on the phone a lot with my work, but I still hate it.  I swear I have some weird phone anxiety. My stomach literally drops when it rings.
3. People who take advantage of other people.
4. Any form of disrespect.
5. Almost every kind of seafood.

Now (drum roll please) its time for me to award 5 blogs this Gorgeous Blogger Award. Being new to the blogging community, I don't know too many bloggers out here, so I'm going to award my top five favorite blogs I read regularly. And they are:

1. Mandi from Mandi Minding Money
2. Lacy from Makeup by Lacy
3. Angie from Angela's Blog
5. Amanda from Mandalyzing


Check out these fabulous blogging ladies!

1 comment: