My Life. My Loves. My Store.



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Designs by Mandi Update



Ok, so things have been a little crazy here lately with getting ready to go on vacation, and the other job, but I have been working on a lot of things for Designs by Mandi...  here's an update for you.

Merchandise: Since I'm hoping to launch the online boutique sometime in July I've been doing a lot of research on wholesalers for merchandise, and I found a couple really good ones I'm excited about.  I'm starting to get sample pieces, so that when its time to buy I'll know exactly what I want. (This is the fun part!) I'll post pictures soon.

Legal Stuff: Now for the not so fun part - taxes! I swear dealing with taxes and legal issues is the worst part about opening up your own business, but I'm getting through it. I've had to do a lot of research on my own, but the IRS web page has been my saving grace.  There are SO many great resources out there for small business owners out there.  I took a whole class online that helped me figure out my taxes and accounting and all that good stuff for free. Very cool, but I'm glad that parts over with!

Packaging: Ive been researching what kind of packaging I'm going to be using for DBMB and I found some really cute ideas. All I have to do now is purchase them and I'm ready to go. I'll post these pictures soon too.

Marketing: Business cards are being sent to the printer :) Yay! My marketing plan is also in full swing.

Twitter/Facebook: Twitter account and facebook fan page are all set up.  Follow me on twitter @designsbymandi and check out my facebook fan page here.

Blog: A huge part of my marketing plan has obviously been this blog, and I have to tell ya...I didn't know I would enjoy blogging this much! Thanks so much to those who have been reading and supporting me..you guys are awesome!



2 comments:

  1. I'm just so excited for you!! I "liked" you on Facebook!!! :-D You should join some blog hops...You will get a lot of great response from other bloggers, and if you ever want me to host a giveaway for you, let me know!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much girl! I have no idea what a Blog Hop is, but I'm going to def look into it! LOL I'm sure I will def do a giveaway with you at some point too!! Thanks so much for your support! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete