My Life. My Loves. My Store.



Monday, June 21, 2010

The Skinny on Celebs- The Magic of Photoshop

So everyone pretty much knows that celebs get photoshopped before appearing in a magazine. 
However, I was pretty shocked when I read my good blogger friend Lacy's post the other day about the extent they alter some celebrities appearances. Take a look at before and after pictures here, and check out Lacy's Blog too.

Look at her arm, and shoulder in the before and after.  Also they took off some "weight" from her legs.



Britney looks exhausted, and maybe a little drugged up in the first picture - wow!



They definitely took some lbs off of Ms. Clarkson.


Britney live, and Britney photoshopped. She dropped like four sizes!



This photo amazed me. I knew Kim had to have big legs with that big hiney of hers! (I love that she embraces her curves though!)


This is another one that really stuck out to me.  If they have to photoshop Megan Fox then there's no hope for the rest of us!



Everyone has blotchy skin!


Poor Madonna is looking her age in the first picture.


 
Check out how they made this model's chest bigger, and took off some "bulge" in her stomach.


Crazy isn't it? Whats even crazier is that we try to look like these unrealistic images. We would all look 10-20 pounds lighter if we could photoshop all of our photos!


3 comments:

  1. Great post & thanks for linking mine!! After I wrote my article "Unattainable Beauty", it's amazing how much better I felt about myself. Naturally, I tend to compare myself to celebrities. So when I made the collection of the unretouched photos, it really made me realize they look just like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME too girl! Glad to know I'm not the only "not perfect" one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not Megan Fox, it's Jessica Alba.

    ReplyDelete