My Life. My Loves. My Store.



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fall 2010 Line Inspiration

As some of you may know, I've been working on buying for Design by Mandi's Fall 2010 line within the last couple of weeks.  I'm proud to say that I've finally made some decisions, and put in a small order yesterday! I'm super excited.  The buying process is both a creative and business process for me.  I take in consideration current trends, design elements, market research, and demographics.  I am by nature a very creative person, so creating a theme with visual aspects is very important and vital for me to keep organization. Below is a small example of my personal creative process.  This is my inspiration board for Fall 2010.  You will see color story samples, along with fabric and texture inspiration. I believe creating an inspiration board is necessary for me to make sure I am choosing pieces that flow and work together. (Thank you Art Institute for hammering this into my head! haha)

On the board you will see that the colors in my line will be deep greens, purples, golds, silver and an occasional punch of fuchsia. (Demonstrated by the green leaf, purple make-up blob, gold dust, silver studs, and fuchsia flower hair accessory)  I have fallen in love with studs, feathers and shimmery details for fall.  I will have a mix of very trendy items and a more classic, or vintage inspired pieces. (This is indicated by the picture frame, fashion photograph and trendy pump)




A big thanks to all of you for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment